Monday, December 6, 2010

I LOVE my Denman!


I purchased the D4 (Large) Denman Styling Brush


Okay, so I know that I’m probably like light years late with this story, but I’m so thrilled that I’m finally in the ‘know’ that I had to share!
My friend--who is also a natural girl—has been on me for the last few months about purchasing a Denman brush. My hair has been growing fairly well over the past year, *Thanksgiving Day 2010 was the 1 yr anniversary of my Big Chop!!!*, and it’s been getting a little difficult to tame.
Wide tooth combs are still a very useful and handy tool, but alone they weren’t getting the job done very well; I was also using bristle brushes to help with slicking back puffs, brushing down baby hair and things of that nature but my regular brush was no match for this thick hair of mine! So, after complaining to my friend about my hair woes, she was shocked that with all of my interest in natural hair that I hadn’t gotten a Denman brush yet. She went on to tell me about how much she loves her Denman and sent me a few YouTube links (dedicated to natural hair care) so that I could see other naturals using Denman’s and their reviews. That day altered the state of my hair care as I had known it!
I ordered my Denman brush and got it about 4 days later; Since then wash days have been a piece of cake!


Detangling has been a breeze and this brush has also really helped with the dreaded dry combing/brushing (I know its frowned upon & I don’t do it often, but sometimes it’s necessary). When I step out of the shower, after conditioning & detangling with the Denman, my hair is so soft and my curls are so well defined that you can’t tell me anything! lol.  
I see little (and sometimes no) hair in the brush. It’s really easy to clean and best of all it’s sturdy so I know I’ll have it for a while.  It massages my scalp really well (I’ve been trying to get into the habit of massaging my scalp on a regular basis) and at times I add a few drops of Virgin Coconut Oil or Organic Jojoba oil w/ a touch of rosemary essential oil in it -directly to the brush & then use it on my hair; that way I get a moisturizing scalp massage & detangled hair all at the same time.
I’m absolutely in love with this brush & so happy that my friend showed me the light! Now that I’m on the right track, I think that the Denman brush is an essential part of every natural girl’s hair care regimen.
Do you own a Denman Brush? If so, how has it helped with your hair care routine?

2 comments:

  1. Sis, that brush is amazing! I've been using it for almost 10 years now, since my curls seem to laugh at everything else. It does last a great length of time. Eventually what happens is the red/pink part(depending on which brush you have) begins to wear and bead up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sis! I love this brush! I've only had mine for about 4 months now, but it's been a life saver & a time saver! Thanks for telling us about the normal wear of the brush. Overall, I think it's a great buy!

    ReplyDelete