Friday, October 8, 2010

Fierce Fridays with Shakyra!


Hey Everyone:

My name is Shakyra and make-up artistry is my passion!

By day I work as a paralegal, but when I have time for myself I focus my energy on obtaining my doctorates degree and working on my business: LoveAngel Make-up Artistry!

Keeping with the Natural theme of this blog, I will also be doing my best to incorporate natural product reviews and information as well.

I hope that you enjoy my posts on make-up, fashion and all things glam!

Now, let's get to our first 'Fierce Friday' Topic!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------


Make-up Tips for Darker Skin Tones


I have found that several people are under the impression that make-up looks best on lighter skin tones. However; make-up can look great on any and EVERY skin tone, depending on which colors are applied and how they are applied. I'm no expert on choosing the perfect colors for every color skin, but I have been doing some research, as well as playing around with colors to determine which colors are the best for the different faces I work with. I will be posting some articles that I come across that are not only beneficial to me, but to the people who follow me and/or are uncertain as to which colors will work best for them.

Some simple tips for people with darker skin that they should be aware of are as follows:

* When choosing a foundation, DO NOT use a cream foundation. Darker skin has a tendency to look a little more oily than lighter skin, and a cream foundation will just enhance the look.

* DO use a water base foundation or a liquid foundation. Liquid foundations will probably work best.

* To blend the foundation in without creating streaks or leaving harsh lines, blend distilled water into the foundation and then blend it into the skin!

I hope this has been helpful. There will be more tips to follow.


Also, follow me on twitter for "Make-Up Tips of the Day"

No comments:

Post a Comment