Tuesday, October 5, 2010

It's Soup Time!!

Happy October Everyone!

I'm most certainly a Summer girl and will miss the radiant days & the balmy nights, but needless to say, I'm also excited about Fall officially being here!

There's now a refreshing chill in the air, the kids are picking apples and I've been having a distinct craving for hot soup.

I've been following this blog called, Fresh-out-of-the-Box and it is fabulous! It's all about sharing delicious recipes made with only the freshest, local ingredients.  I recently made the fresh tomato soup that was published on the site on September 17th and it came out fantastic! Even my husband (who isn't normally a huge fan of tomato soup) thought it was delicious. Fresh, homemade tomato soup with warm, toasty grilled cheese on the side was just the type of meal we needed for a chilly October evening. We improvised and added fresh pepper, a dash of cayenne and a squirt of fresh lime juice just to zest it up a bit more! Not only was it a delicious & nutritious meal, but it only took me 30 minutes (total) to make! That's worth a standing ovation alone!!

Check out some of the healthy (and tasty) recipes that they have to offer, I promise you won't be disappointed. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment